Thursday 27 December 2012

Leica M6

Leica M6

My ex girlfriend used to carry her M6 with her at all times but she rarely let me touch it. I merely envied her from a distance while she shot beautiful shots with her rangefinder camera. She always talked about “spirit of a photography” and she never carried a digital camera with her, unless she was shooting for a job. I suppose it wouldn’t be too much to say that like for Cartier-Bresson, her Leica was extension of her eye.My friend borrowed me recently his Leica M6 TTL with 50mm Summilux ASPH.I am moved, and amazed by this classic, legendary camera.50mm Summilux ASPH lens has a focusing tab which allows quick focusing with index finger. It feels just right and for me the tab makes huge difference. Only in few days, I learned to approximate distances and adjust the focus roughly, only requiring a fine adjustment when lifting the camera to my eye. Same goes with metering. When shooting with a camera like this, you learn quickly to read light.Although this camera has metering, the camera works perfectly without any electricity. I assume that pros who use Leica might not even use the metering since the red arrows in viewfinder might only be a distraction.

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

Leica M6

1 comment:

  1. Lots of blanks fortunately I have better luck with my 2 M6 Classic 0.72 bodies and Summicron Optics

    ReplyDelete