Sunday 23 December 2012

Steadicam

Steadicam

I was first introduced to the art of Steadicam in 2009 at a local Chicago Workshop taught by veteran operator Janice Arthur. After operating on numerous short films, I enrolled into the Steadicam Operators Association workshop in Philadelphia. I was incredibly fortunate enough to have learned from Steadicam inventor Garrett Brown and renowned operator Jerry Holway. It was there that I knew operating was my calling. A few years and many short films/commercials later, I joined the Steadicam Operators Guild and became a member of the Steadicam Operators Association. In 2012, I returned to Janice Arthur’s workshop, at Fletcher Camera Chicago, this time as an instructor.In 2011, I graduated from Columbia College Chicago with a Bachelors degree in Cinematography. At Columbia College, I learned to have great respect and appreciation for a well-composed frame. A background in photography and training in Cinematography has created a strong foundation for my steadicam operating. I believe this has given me an instinct for composition that other operators do not have. With a cooperative attitude and an aptitude for implementing a director’s vision, I give an engaging shot that illustrates the story.I believe that filmmaking is the most collaborative art form in existence. As an operator, I enjoy the communication between the director and the operator. Exploring all the different situations a moving camera can do is a passion of mine. When I am behind the camera I try to become a slave to my image and do whatever I can to make it the best it can be for the visual story.

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

Steadicam

No comments:

Post a Comment