Friday 28 December 2012

Leica S2

Leica S2

The Leica S2 has been out for a very long time now, but I’ve only had intermittent and brief amounts of time with it each session. Recently though, Leica allowed me to borrow it for an entire weekend. For those of you that have read my other medium format camera posts, you’ll know that I’m a lover of the format for many reasons including the extremely shallow depth of field, level of detail, and versatility of the RAW files.The question was though: what do I shoot with it? Portraits? Documentary? Landscapes? After looking through a brochure, Tumblr, and through work done by friends who shoot medium format, I developed a couple of ideas.This post contains the first impressions and experiences of that weekend.The Leica S2 with the 70mm F2.5 Summarit lens and a flash attached feels like any normal higher-end DSLR camera that I’d use to shoot an event. Here’s the catch though: when using it, I wasn’t allowed to change any of the settings. The camera was in Program mode the entire time. As a photographer used to shooting in manual mode, this was a bit different. It was literally a point and shoot experience.

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

Leica S2

No comments:

Post a Comment